Monday 4 May 2015

Sylvia Songster.



Almost every woodland I stroll around at the moment the most prominent migrant songsters are the male Blackcap (Sylvia atricapilla). Unlike some other warblers that like to announce their presence from a lofty open perch the Blackcap typically chooses a less obvious position much lower down in the leafy canopy sometimes totally hidden from view.


When I listen to its vocal repertoire I can understand why it is also known as the 'Northern Nightingale'.



Linking to Wild Bird Wednesday.

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bird you've captured. Her song is so lovely. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate the fact you included a sound byte. The photo is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful - Makes me quite homesick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Frank Yes it was lovely to hear the song of the Blackcap. A lovely bird indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great little bird. I hope to run across it in July when I visit Britain but I am sure it will have stopped singing by then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the open beak shot - that little bird is really singing its heart out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More great images. I find it such a tricky bird to get a clean shot of. Always scuttling about the leaves and singing from deep within bushes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A delightful little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos of a beautiful bird and the song is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos and captures of the cute Blackcap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! Birdsong is the sweetest music of all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful pics of a sweet bird, and thank you for the audio. I enjoyed listening to it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great song bird - I was in the UK last year, but they had pretty much stopped singing by then!

    Oh well, next time maybe!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful birdie & great decoration...

    xoxo, Juliana | PJ’ Happies :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit and I appreciate your comments.