Friday 22 June 2018

The Hobby.


In a recent post "Fast Fliers" on my main blog I featured the Hobby (Falco Subbuteo). 

I spent another few hours on Thursley Common today mainly to obtain some images of the prey this bird favours, particularly dragonflies and damselflies, but I could not pass up the opportunity to try and grab some more shots of this aerial acrobat. 


There were two birds on the wing and they never came very close to me so I had to use the 70-300 lens at full stretch and all the shots have been cropped.

Typically eating its prey on the wing.



8 comments:

  1. One the most amazing European raptors
    - Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots of a bird that symbolizes grace nd beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous images Frank. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible images of one bird I'll not see in the wild here in America...absolutely incredible!!

    Thanks for linking in this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot of the one eating its prey while flying! Loved the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing bird to see. Brilliant shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Großartige Aufnahmen.
    Meine Hochachtung !

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit and I appreciate your comments.